Profile image for Bipridesagain

Heard today from my partner who went to the Gym this morning in LE that the Derdyshire Building Society is going.....Well I for one won't miss it, i do all my banking on line..weather permitting...It won't be long before there are no business's left on our high streets, thats why we are having Conquest carpets in to fit two carpets, one in our bedroom and the other in our hallway..
I know i shall be paying through the nose for them but one has to do ones bit to keep these family firms from being gobbled up by the larger companies..

Bip.

By Bipridesagain at 11:07 on 24/06/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for poemsgalore

We used Conquest and were very happy with the work, and the price. As the underlay and fitting were free we didn't mind paying a bit more for a really good quality carpet. We would highly recommend Ron and Caroline as they are friendly and polite.

By poemsgalore at 15:29 on 24/06/12

• Profile image for LEClare

Do they do much in the way of flooring for kitchens or bathrooms? ie. fitting wooden flooring or even good vinyl?

By LEClare at 16:50 on 24/06/12

• Profile image for Bipridesagain

Conquest carpets have been around today to measure up just after I had finished ripped up the Laminate flooring I put down some five years ago, my partner has a penchant for pure new wool between her crooked tiny toes..
    Ron was very helpful and my partner went back to the shop with him in the van to sort out what carpet we were going to have, when given too many choices I get confused, that's why my partner makes my mind up for me..
    We have now decided, or should that be my partner has decided for me to have a new floor covering in the bathroom, so now we have three books of vinyl coverings to choose from as well has several carpet books..
    I believe I've answered you question LEClare, they do vinyl covering but don't do Laminate flooring..

Bip

By Bipridesagain at 13:46 on 25/06/12

• Profile image for LEClare

Thanks Bip for the info. I'll think on for a while I reckon, but I was thinking about the bathroom too.

Hope your new floors are to your (or your partner's) liking.

By LEClare at 14:13 on 25/06/12

Conquest carpets have just phoned back with the bad news that it's going to cost me more than a arm and a leg but does that really matter when one gets personal service and a underlay that's nothing like you have seen before. Also Ron took a fancy to the Laminate I had ripped up this morning, he is taking that with him when he goes, he is also, as a favour, leaving an off cut for the office I have my computer in for me to fit..
    Bip

By Bipridesagain at 19:01 on 25/06/12

If you use the link below you can follow me day by day as i write my Diary, in that i post pictures of the things of interest hopefully to my reader and to make what I'm talking about clearer...
    Bip

http://tinyurl.com/brbjeln

By Bipridesagain at 19:07 on 25/06/12

• Profile image for Website Designer in Long Eaton

I used Conquest Carpets to fit out my home website design office in Long Eaton.
    I couldn't fault them, nice people to work with, reliable and not really much more than nationwide suppliers.

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent